I am a third year student at Ecole Polytechnique. I study pure and applied mathematics, mainly: Probability, Statistics, Optimization, Tropical and Algebraic Geometry.
I am currently a research intern at the Max-Planck Institut for mathematics in the sciences (MPIRS) and I am working on the Gaussian distributions on local-fields and tropical computation of rational MLE models under the supervision of Bernd Sturmfels.
You can find my CV here (Last updated April 1st 2019).
On random minimal facotrisations of large n-cycles
Advisor: Igor Kortchemski. (report to be uploaded soon)
This project is the continuity of the following paper by Igor Kortchemski & Valentin Féray.
Complexity of interior point methods and tropical geometry,(report) Advisors: Stéphane Gaubert & Xavier Allamigeon.
This work is the continuity of the following paper.
- Working on a counter-example of strong polynomial complexity.
- Derived a technique to construct an admissible initial point.
- Implemented the prediction correction algorithm on Maple for arbitrary precision. (codes(julia and maple))
Simulating rare events: Hawkes process applied to Twitter.
(Hal paper ref: hal-01875943). Supervisors: Emmanuel Gobet & Martin Bompaire.
- Modeled and simulated the arrival times of tweets as Hawkes processes with exponential decay using Thining Algorithm and Ogata’s Algorithm.
- Estimated rare event probability using Importance Sampling and Monte Carlo Methods.
- Estimated the model parameters using likelihood maximization.
Visualisation of complex networks(Github codes)
Supervisors: Luca Castelli Aleardi
- Analyzed and implemented Fruchterman-Reingold Algorithm to unfold and visualize complex networks.
- Implemented and used the Octree data structure to reduce the time complexity of the Fruchterman-Reingold Algorithm.
- Used a greedy algorithm based on Modularity maximization for community detection in networks.